Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What to write about for NaNoWriMo...

Thinking of a story just doesnt come naturally to me. I have been wracking my brains trying to come up with the best story idea I can. I have a few things in mind and I know I want to just let the story tell itself as it works toward the ending that I have. Yes, I do have the ending already planned out. Ending, I have...characters and plot I dont.

I DO know that it will be a mystery/crime piece. I cant resist these types of books to read, so it is natural that I also write it. I just dont want to fall into the same old "detective, who is an alcoholic with a bad marriage, risks everything to stop the killer" type books. I want something different. But it will probably end up the same old "detective, who is an alcoholic with a bad marriage, risks everything to stop the killer" type book.

However it ends up, its gonna be fun to do it! I just hope that with everything that I have going o0n with work, family, 2nd job, and World of Warcraft (yeah, Im an addict for WoW) where Im gonna find the time to write. I think Ill get up two hours early every day and write for those two hours. Or fall asleep and let my forehead roll around on the keyboard and hope that something comes out of it.

More later, guys! HEY...visit the blogs on the list...I think you will enjoy them!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

you're cracking me up. at least you have an ending, which is way more than I usually start with. Heck, you even have your genre. Which, again...is more than I usually have. So okay, how are you going to know if you can REALLY write? (I need to know. I can't figure this one out myself. :) eek.) Alright, what are we 14 days and counting? Can't wait to read more.

Jerry Allen said...

that's just it, Kelley...I have no CLUE if I can really write or not. Ive done some short stories, my wife and mom think Im the next Stephen King...but I think they are a wee bit biased. My little gorl just falls asleep when I tell her stories, so her vote is out. Who knows?